Westminster Presbyterian Church was officially organized on April 26, 1961 with 82 charter members. Rev. Travis Hyatt was the organizing pastor and moderator of Pecos Valley Presbytery (now Sierra Blanca Presbytery).
The first worship service of the new Roswell Presbyterian Fellowship was held on Sunday, February 19, 1961 in the Knights of Pythias Hall at 1601 W.
In 1962 a building site was located, which was donated by the builders of Enchanted Hills. Dick Wagoner was selected as architect and Holloway Construction Company as the builder. A Mission Grant from General Assembly provided enough cash to get started, but when it came to financing the building, they had nothing to secure a loan. The loan company agreed to accept personal signatures from the membership to secure the loan by using their homes as collateral. Members also assisted with the building project by doing finishing work, such as painting, laying floor tile, etc., to help defray some of the cost. The building was completed and was dedicated on May 16, 1965. The closing of Walker Air Force Base in the mid 1960’s, put a strain on all of